Friday, June 15, 2012

Love

Did i tell you about my new vow to post about things that are less significant?  I take myself way too seriously and I don't write enough because I write in my head for way too long and I try too hard to make each post meaningful and perfect.  

And I'm not sure I'm really ready to hear it if you think my posts are not meaningful and perfect. 

So I've been attempting to just enjoy writing and not necessarily try to change the world.  

And I wanted to acknowledge my husband for making me feel loved.  That seems to be harder than usual, lately. 

Check out these gluten-fee waffles
It's just our regular waffle recipe, made with tapioca flour and rice flour and oatmeal instead of wheat flour

Oh, Boy! Waffles

2 1/2 C flour
3/4 t salt
4 t baking powder
1 1/2 T sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 c milk
3/4 c oil

Sift Dry ingredients.  Combine eggs, milk and oil in a separate bowl.  Add liquid ingredients to the dry and whisk together.  Cook in waffle iron.

Mr. LeFevre
the pirate looking guy in the photo
  
noticed that he had to cook them a little longer or they were doughy in the middle.  

They tasted great! 

2 comments:

Quiltgirl said...

I forgot to say that we added a handful of rolled oats to the recipe (we didn't replace flour with oats).

Quiltgirl said...

I forgot to say that we added a handful of rolled oats to the recipe (we didn't replace flour with oats).